Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein
Optimum Nutrition Quality
Optimum Nutrition has a 30-year history of setting higher standards for quality. Each shake mixes up easily in a shaker cup, and tastes consistently good, shake after shake.
Casein Usage Occasions
– Between Meals
– Before Bed
Benefits of Casein
The amino acids in protein are the building blocks of muscle mass. Casein protein can deliver Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) to recovering muscles for up to 8 hours.
Gold Standard Casein Ice Cream
- Putting the ingredients bag in the freezer will thicken the consistency.
- Use other flavors of Gold Standard 100% Casein in order to create a variety of ice cream flavors.
- Add your favorite toppings to mix things up.
Calories – 78.
Total Carbs – 8 g.
Total Fat – 2 g.
Protein – 9 g.
Note: Macros may vary based on Casein flavor and toppings.
1 Scoop Gold Standard 100% Chocolate Casein.
2 Cups 2% milk.
1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt.
1 Cup Water ( if using Ice Cream Maker).
1 Tbsp Glucomannan.
1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
5 scoops of ice.
½ Cup salt.
1. Place Gold Standard 100% Casein, Glucomannan, and Unsweetened Baking Cocoa in a bowl.
2. Mix in 2% milk and Greek yogurt.
3. If you have an ice cream maker, pour in mix, add water and run for 30 minutes.
4. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, seal ingredients in a zip lock bag.
5. Fill a separate larger zip lock bag with ice and add ½ cup of salt. Let sit for 10 minutes.
6. Place the sealed bag of ingredients inside the bag of ice and salt. Shake for 10 minutes.
7. Remove small zip lock bag and check to see if ingredients are ice cream consistency.